A Fun Pokèmon Note For Kids With Cancer

Describe your artwork

My artwork depicts a motivational card themed around Pokèmon for kids with cancer with the message that they are the very best that no one ever was. It displays four Pokèmon around a Pokèball with happy expressions on their faces to hopefully give the kid that receives the card a smile.

How did you create your art

I created my art on Adobe Illustrator while utilizing many shapes to create the characters in my art. Layering was very key for this project as I had many different shapes that needed to be adjusted so that they were in front/behind the other shapes they needed to be.

What is the big idea behind your artwork

My artwork was entirely inspired by Pokèmon. As a Pokèmon fan myself, I thought it would be fun to design a card based on one of my favorite franchises for this project as many children also like Pokèmon. I tried to design every Pokèmon on my card with a joyful look on their faces and I included an iconic and heart lifting message to bring happiness to the child that reads it

What were your goals for this artwork

My goals for this artwork were to bring joy to the child that gets my card through iconic Pokèmon characters. By putting in a positive message and including smiles on every one of my characters, I believed I achieved my goal.

What are your overall thoughts of your artwork

I believe I did a nice job on my artwork considering it’s my first time using Illustrator for a project. I am happy with how each Pokèmon and the Pokèball came out, as well as the background. The only goal I have for myself for next time (as of right now) is to add more / get better at shading.